Not casual or comfortable or convenient

I hate it when someone says I’m religious.

It cheapens what I have with Jesus.

Religion is a system, a codified rule of conduct that boxes me in . . . . and it boxes God in.

We have a God who cannot be boxed.

I’m not religious. I love Jesus. That’s different.

And you just gotta love Him!

He, sinless, suffered on a cross for us who are sinful.

His love was so great that He turned His face to Jerusalem, made the long journey, suffered the humiliations and the beatings, went to the cross and stayed there until the deed was done.

His commitment to me was not casual or comfortable or convenient.
It was complete.

It did not make Him popular. It polarised people and powers.

You just gotta love Him.

& you just gotta come to understand how much He loves you.

That’s not religion. That’s relationship. That’s real.


What about: Spiritual, But Not Religious

Comments